Burning fat is a 24/7 activity – or it should be. A lot of people only think about fat burning during their workouts, but the truth is you can do a lot to maximise it at other times too. Even when you sleep!
Here are some tips to help maximise your fat burning capabilities naturally and with some added help from some EHPlabs faves! Use OxyShred, OxyWhey & OxySleep to help increase your fat-burning potential DAY & NIGHT!
Did you know that you can maximise your fat burning capabilities with a few small changes to your routine?
GIVE THESE A GO TO TAKE YOUR FAT BURNING UP A NOTCH
- Try fasted exercise! If you’re a morning exerciser try skipping breakfast and heading straight to the gym. When you do this your body will already be burning fat rather than processing your meal.
- Take OxyShred or OxyShred Hardcore before a morning workout or if you prefer working out in the afternoon or evening take OxyShred Non-Stim! Just add 1 scoop to water 20 minutes before a session for best results!
- Pre plan your workout so you don’t waste time in the gym!
Who’s guilty of spending too much time organizing a workout while they’re already supposed to be training? Or spending a little too much time sitting down on the bench after a set? A few simple changes can turn your slow burning workout into one that torches fat like a furnace. Make your workout work harder for you. Workout smarter and see results faster!
UTILISE THESE TIPS TO MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR WORKOUT
- Use compound exercises. Work out many muscles using the one exercise!
- Do full-body workouts. Rather than targeting one body part at a time, try a full body workout to increase your fat burning potential.
- Do your strength training workout as a circuit. This will give you the added benefit of getting through your workout faster!
- Superset all your exercises. Save time by moving straight to your next exercise in a superset. This will help you heart rate to stay elevated too!
- Jump rope or hit the stationary bike between sets. Brutal but effective!
- Do interval training instead of steady-pace cardio. This will allow your body to reap the calorie burning benefits long after your workout.
- Do strength training before cardio. End your strength workouts with 5-10 minutes of intense cardio.
- Try fasted cardio with OxyShred, i.e. exercise on an empty stomach with a pre-workout kick.
- Leave your phone in your locker so you won’t be distracted from your workout
- Time your rest so you don’t get carried away talking or scrolling the gram!
AT MEAL TIMES
What you eat and when you eat it can have an effect on fat burning. While your diet should be healthy, and must produce a calorie deficit to force your body to use fat for fuel, there are a few other mealtime tricks you can use to maximise fat burning:
- First things first. To ensure you are losing fat make sure you are in a calorie deficit of 10-20% below your maintenance calories.
- Pre-prepare your meals so you have healthy food to eat at all times.
- Exercise before your main meal of the day to maximise insulin sensitivity.
- Add spices to food to help increase thermogenesis or reduce cravings such as chili, ginger, turmeric, black pepper, cumin and cinnamon!
- Drink a large glass of water 30 minutes before eating to reduce appetite.
- Eat protein at every meal to increase metabolic rate. Protein has the highest thermogenic capabilities out of the macronutrients so make sure you include enough! Add 1 scoop of OxyWhey to your meals to increase the protein content. Think protein oatmeal or a shake!
- Reduce your carb intake to lower insulin levels. This can help with reducing sugar cravings!
- Add a healthy amount of good fats to your meals to help keep you fuller for longer.
- Eat enough fiber! Fill up with fiber. Choose leafy greens and cruceriferous veggies. These won’t add much calorie value to your day but will help keep you full with the added benefits of vitamins and minerals.
- Chew gum at the end of your meal to stop you from having seconds or a dessert.
- Eat from a smaller plate to make your meals look larger and more filling.
- Build each meal around a healthy balance of protein, vegetables, and healthy fats!
- Replace 1-2 snacks a day with an OxyWhey lean protein shake blended with healthy fats, e.g. almond butter or coconut oil.
DURING THE DAY
Whether you are at work, college, or school, there are lots of things you can do to keep your body burning fat at a faster rate than normal. As day to day activities can add up to eight or more hours of your day, this is a crucial time for fat burning that you cannot afford to ignore.
- Walk whenever the opportunity arises. The more you walk, the more fat you’ll burn. Good opportunities include walking to and from work or school, walking to see colleagues and friends instead of emailing or phoning, go for a walk at lunch time, park your car on the far side of the car park and walk the rest of the way, and take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator.
- Stand up to take phone calls. Move movement includes more calories burnt.
- Work at a standing desk. Not only is this good for your health but also increases calories burnt!
- Have walking meetings instead of boardroom meetings.
- Have a workout at lunchtime. Not only does this save your time before or after work but helps you utilize your lunch break!
- Eat a healthy, pre-prepared lunch to maintain your healthy eating diet
- Have healthy snacks in your desk or locker in case of hunger emergencies. This will stop last minute stops to the candy bar aisle!
- Break up long periods of sitting with brief periods of activity.
Once the day is done, it can be tempting to Netflix and chill! While you undoubtedly deserve a rest at the end of the day, vegging out on your sofa won’t do much to speed up fat loss. Change all that by putting these tips into action:
- Go for a walk before or after dinner. Did you know walking after a meal can also assist with digestion?
- Play sports with your kids, or play in your garden with your dog.
- Do some chores, e.g. gardening, wash your car, or DIY
- Do set of squats or push-ups during commercial breaks on TV. Set yourself a challenge of reps and see if you can achieve it!
- Replace passive forms of entertainment with something more active, e.g. bowling, a game of tennis, a coffee catch up with friends while walking.
- Try not to eat while watching TV as you may end up eating more than you intended. Mindless munchies I’m talking to you!
WHILE YOU SLEEP
Sleep might be entirely passive, but it’s a crucial part of being healthy, and most people need around eight hours per night. However, just because it’s passive doesn’t mean you can’t rev up your metabolism while you sleep to burn some extra calories and fat.
- Consume protein before bed to maximise fat loss and stabilize blood glucose levels.
- Turn down the temperature. Not only is it easier to fall asleep in a cooler environment, it also helps your body to burn more calories by trying to regulate your core temperature.
- Use a non-stim sleep/ shred aid such as OxySleep. OxySleep gives you the added bonus of including relaxing herbs to help you get to sleep faster but also includes fat burning ingredients to help to torch those cals day & night!
- Reduce the size of your evening meal – eat more for breakfast and for lunch instead. Think of the saying ‘Eat like a king at breakfast, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper!’
- Sleep in absolute darkness – light from lamps and electronic devices can disrupt production of melatonin, crucial for a good night's sleep and proper night time metabolism. Limit screen time 1-2 hrs before bed.
- Focus on getting enough sleep! Aim for 8 hours of sleep to assist with stable energy levels and stop you reaching for high energy junk during the day!
See how many of these metabolism-boosting tips you can use in a 24 hours period to maximise fat loss and turn fat burning up to the max. Let’s burn fat day & night!! Take your fat-burning to the next level by including EHPlabs OxyShred, OxyWhey and OxySleep in your routine daily!